Key features and benefits of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL Contact Lenses
- Multifocal contact lenses for near, far and in-between vision6
- Unique optical design that align with the presbyopic pupil size as it changes across the refractive error range
Unique spheric/aspheric back surface design
- Mimics natural corneal shape and maintains the integrity of front curve optics for a great visual experience
- 94% of patients were successfully fitted with 2 pairs of lenses or less when using the fitting guide6
Built on the 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST Family
- Provides presbyopic patients with extra care to help minimise contact lens-related dryness2-5
- Now satisfies a broader range of patients7
- Unique LACREON® technology creates a cushion of moisture that lasts all day8, 9
- Unique flexible material that fits comfortably to your patients’ eyes10
- Keeps a protein in its natural state, which might otherwise lead to
- 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST MULTIFOCAL provides Class 2 UV protection, which blocks 98.8% UVB and 85.1% UVA rays**, helping to protect your patients eyes against harmful UV radiation all year round
- Ideal for patients who enjoy outdoor activities and sports
** All ACUVUE® Brand Contact Lenses have Class 1 or Class 2 UV-blocking to help provide protection against transmission of harmful UV radiation to the cornea and into the eye. UV-absorbing contact lenses are NOT substitutes for protective UV-absorbing eyewear such as UV-absorbing goggles or sunglasses because they do not completely cover the eye and surrounding area. UV transmission measured with -1.00 lens.
¶ Up to 4 lenses total.
* Oxygen transmissibility at centre of a -3.00D lens using boundary-corrected, edge-corrected Dk values. Units: (cm/sec) (ml O2/ml x mm Hg) at 35° C. Dk determined via polarographic method.
† Based on in vitro data; clinical studies have not been done directly linking differences in lysozyme profile with specific clinical benefits.
1. JJVCC Data on file 2009. Post-hoc analysis October 2009. Among adults aged 25–34 (n=71) P<0.05. With 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, 1% of patients experience frequent eye irritation, 14% of wearers occasionally experience eye irritation while 83% seldom or never experienced eye irritation.
2. Sheardown H et al. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2006;47 [E-Abstract 2388].
3. JJVCC data on file 2005.
4. JJVCC data on file 2007.
5. JJVCC data on file 2009. Post-hoc analysis, October 2009; adults aged 25–34 years (n=71); with 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST, 1% of patients experience frequent eye irritation, 14% of wearers occasionally experience eye irritation, while 83% seldom or never experienced eye irritation.
6. Moody K, Hickson-Curran S, Wooley B, Ruston D Innovating for multifocal fitting success Optician 03.07.15 P12-17.
7. JJVCC 2015 Independent 3rd party data.
8. Sheardown H et al. Chemical characterization of 1-DAY ACUVUE® MOIST and 1-DAY ACUVUE® Contact Lenses. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci 2006;47: E-Abstract 2388.
9. JJVCC Data on file 2005 and 2007.
10. JJVCC Data on file 2011
11. JJVCC Data on file 2014. Data generated in collaboration with the Centre for Contact Lens Research (CCLR) in Waterloo, Canada.
12. Suwala M et al. Quantity and conformation of lysozyme deposited on conventional and silicone hydrogel contact lens materials using an in vitro model. Eye Contact Lens, 2007; 33, 138–143.
Packing solution contains boric acid and disodium tetraborate (sodium borate) to control the pH of the solution.